In April 2020, the ND Department of Commerce conducted an individual survey regarding the impacts of COVID-19 having throughout the state. There were over 11,300 respondents statewide. Region 4 (Grand Forks, Nelson, Pembina and Walsh Counties) had approximately 1,500 respondents. A few Region survey highlights:
- 97% of respondents are practicing social distancing of varying degrees.
- 90% are moderately to extremely concerned about the pandemic.
- Top three concerns including self or family member getting sick; local businesses struggling/closing; and not being able to work.
- 1.5% report no changes to daily lifestyle while 76% report moderate to extreme changes and 19% have had no changes as essential workers.
- 40% have themselves or another in their household with a chronic health condition that impacts their immune system.
Check out the new report highlighting the work done by the Red River Regional Council and Pembina County JDA benefiting Pembina County over the past 10 years (2010-2019).
The Pembina County JDA 2019 Annual Report is also available.