September 18, 2014
The RRRC has released its 2004 to 2013 RRRC Summary for the period 2004 to 2013. The Summary provides a summary of the number of projects and financial impact of these implemented projects within the region over the past decade. In spring 2014, the RRRC staff research and created a master list of all projects that were completed in all of the areas including infrastructure, housing rehabilitation, business development, riparian restoration, historic preservation, disaster mitigation and recovery, fire department grants, and the Walsh and Pembina County Half Mill Programs. In total, the RRRC staff provided assistance to 1,314 projects and consulting clients in the past decade. These projects resulted in over $124 million invested within the region of which the RRRC assisted with securing and funding $34 million. “I’m very proud of the work completed by the RRRC staff and Board of Directors,” said Dawn Keeley, Executive Director. “We want to be a valued partner in the region to provide ongoing technical assistance to our rural communities in particular.” The regional counties provide approximately 10 percent of the RRRC revenue budget and over this 10 year period, this amounted to approximately $600,000 in county dues revenue. The remaining 90 percent of the RRRC revenue budget is derived from cooperative agreements, fees for services, and grant administration. The RRRC provided assisted in providing assistance to returning $55.75 for every $1 in County dues – a 5,575% return on investment.