February 11, 2021
CDBG Virtual Public Hearing Set for February 25
A public meeting will be held virtually on Thursday, Feb. 25, 2021, at 10 a.m., via the platform Zoom. This public meeting is an important component to the development of the Region IV Public Distribution Statement (PDS) for the 2021 Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program.
To participate via Zoom, please use this link:
Meeting ID: 893 6675 1954
To participate via phone, please call:
Meeting ID: 893 6675 1954
The CDBG program is administered by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). As defined by HUD, the primary purpose of CDBG is “the development of viable communities, by providing decent housing and suitable living environment and expanding economic opportunities, principally for persons of low and moderate income.”
The purpose of this public meeting is as follows:
- To inform the public of the FY2021 Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program.
- To discuss the impact the Program has on Region IV (Grand Forks, Nelson, Pembina and Walsh counties).
- To seek input from Region IV entities for Region IV’s 2021 Program Distribution Statement.
- To review/update the short and long terms goals for Region IV.
The RRRC receives CDBG funds annually to assist communities with economic and community development projects. Region IV communities have been awarded CDBG funds for a variety of projects in recent years including:
- Public infrastructure projects including lagoon repairs and improvements, replacement of sanitary sewer lift stations and/or necessary operational components, reconstruction of streetlights, replacement of fire hydrants, HVAC improvements in public buildings, citywide street paving, etc.
- Construction of a new building or addition to an existing building for fire districts.
- Housing rehabilitation, conversion, construction.
- Removal of architectural barriers (handicap accessibility) in buildings used by the public.
- Economic development: Part of the North Dakota Community Development Loan Fund (CDLF), this program targets both primary and retail sector businesses and job creation/retention for low- and moderate-income residents. It can be used for new business gap financing, business purchase, equipment, working capital and infrastructure for business needs.
All community representatives interested in learning more about the CDBG program, discussing potential 2021 program emphasis areas, and/or potential projects in 2021 and beyond, are encouraged to attend the meeting. Anyone unable to attend but interested in learning more about the CDBG program is encouraged to contact Stacie Sevigny via phone at 701-352-3550 or via email at Stacie@redriverrc.com.
Alternative formats of the Distribution Statement are available upon request. Should anyone require auxiliary aids or services or need additional information to attend the meeting on February 25, 2021, please contact Stacie Sevigny prior to the public meeting via phone at 701-352-3550; via email at Stacie@redriverrc.com; or via mail or in person at 516 Cooper Avenue, Suite 101, Grafton, ND 58237. The ND Relay numbers include: 1-800-366-6888 or 711:TTY, 1-800-366-6889 or 711:Voice, 1-800-435-8590 or 711:Spanish.
Documents that will be reviewed during the public hearing can be found on this website under the Community Development Block Grant tab. Please download the documents for your convenience: