The RRRC in partnership with the Pembina County JDA has been leading three major initiatives supported by the Pembina County Strategic Plan 2019-2024 and the RRRC’s Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS) 2019-2024.
- Provide education, marketing and amenity development support.
- Provide project development support.
- Be a link between regional projects and state and federal resources.
- Continue to cultivate relationships between students, education institutions and employers through a series of student/business related events for exposure and training.
- Provide a link between students and cooperative education/work experiences to provide exposure.
- Create and/or support programs that encourage and assist entrepreneurship.
- Provide coordination and meeting planning for quarterly meetings of manufacturing companies, North Valley Career and Technology Center, and higher education in Walsh and Pembina Counties to network, learn, and solve common issues.
- Conduct strategic planning between industry and education systems to align workforce development needs.
- Develop marketing materials which showcase career opportunities.
A four-county destination/community development planning project that will result in county and city level action plans. Launched in September 2021 with Roger Brooks, a nationally-acclaimed facilitator.