In April 2020, the ND Department of Commerce conducted an individual survey regarding the impacts of COVID-19 having throughout the state. There were over 11,300 respondents statewide. Region 4 (Grand Forks, Nelson, Pembina and Walsh Counties) had approximately 1,500 respondents. A few Region survey highlights:
- 97% of respondents are practicing social distancing of varying degrees.
- 90% are moderately to extremely concerned about the pandemic.
- Top three concerns including self or family member getting sick; local businesses struggling/closing; and not being able to work.
- 1.5% report no changes to daily lifestyle while 76% report moderate to extreme changes and 19% have had no changes as essential workers.
- 40% have themselves or another in their household with a chronic health condition that impacts their immune system.