The Red River Regional Council has released an RFP for consulting services for a Region 4 tourism/destination/community development plan. The RRRC seeks a contractor with a demonstrable portfolio for successful tourism or destination development and amenity planning and development and a successful track record of impact.
The selected contractor will be responsible for creating a tourism and amenity development action plan designed to increase visitor traffic, attract people to live in the area, and increase economic resiliency in the state planning region four in northeastern North Dakota inclusive of the Pembina Gorge. The plan should also include recommendations that seize opportunities post-pandemic to attract new residents (both remote workers and entrepreneurs) to this rural area.
Partners in and funders of this planning project include:
- Frost Fire Park www.frostfirepark.org
- Grand Forks Convention and Visitors Bureau www.visitgrandforks.com/
- Nelson County Job Development Authority www.redriverrc.com/nelson-county-job-development-authority/
- ND Department of Commerce https://commerce.nd.gov/
- ND Parks and Recreation Department (Icelandic, Pembina Gorge, and Turtle River) www.parkrec.nd.gov/
- Pembina County Job Development Authority www.redriverrc.com/pembina-county-job-development-authority/
- Red River Regional Council www.redriverrc.com/
- Rendezvous Region Tourism Council rendezvousregion.com/
- US Department of Commerce Economic Development Administration
- Walsh County Job Development Authority www.digwalshcounty.com
Proposals are due April 21, 2021 with plan completion date of March 31, 2022.